Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Grift sense appears to be inherent..."

I've been working on the comic constantly for the last few days, so today I decided to take a break and go to the cinema. I was halfway to the bus stop when I started getting this sharp pain in my leg. At first I ignored it but it seemed to get worse as I walked. I stopped for a second, and that was when I noticed the arrow sticking out of my leg. As I bent down for a closer look another arrow flew past where my head had been only a moment earlier. That was when I realised the Aztecs had finally tracked me down. My lightning fast instincts took over and I dived into a nearby hedge for cover, as a volley of arrows rained down where I had been standing, missing me by mere inches.
As I lay there in the hedge I tried to work out a strategy. I was unarmed and there were probably a dozen of them. Any second now they would begin trying to flush me out of the hedge by firing more arrows into it. I had to act quick.
I decided to gain their sympathy by crying like a girl and pissing myself. It worked, but I missed the bus, and after that I didn't really feel like watching a film anyway so I went home.

No comments: